Friday, May 19, 2006

That Chinese Torture Thing

I was glancing through a list of IP addresses accessing this blog lately -- one can do that, thanks to Sitemeter -- and was pleased to find a visitor from the US Marine Corps. Honored! My father worked for the Navy for many years, so I always viewed myself as something of a "civilian Navy brat."

But here's the thing that caught my eye. His or her was referred via Google search to my "Chinese Water Torture" item a while back.

I trust that this subject was researched purely for recreational purposes. If not, well, I hope it has something to do with that fellow who caused that gap in the skyline a few years ago. Go to it, guys!

Anyway, the "torture" that I wrote about was a metaphor for the experience of being interviewed by another journalist. The story never ran. So the whole experience was a waste of time -- except for providing fodder for two blog items!

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site.

Labels: