Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Great Beach Reading

I guess this is "plug week" for me, as I have another suggestion for cultural enlightenment.

This one is a terrific beach read, as I can personally attest. The title is Masters of the Art: A Fighting Marine's Memoir of Vietnam, and it is a powerful and compelling combat memoir. You can pick up a copy on Amazon by clicking here.

Full disclosure: the author, Ron Winter, is an old colleague of mine from my first newspaper job, but I haven't seen him in over twenty years. Glad he's made good use of the intervening period.

Of course, I trust that all have already read another book I have occasionally mentioned......

© 2006 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site.

Labels: