Monday, March 05, 2007

My Sure-Fire Cures For the Market Blues


One possible remedy

I have several suggestions for people interested in curing the market blues:

1. Dive into a box of See's chocolates. Approximately a half-pound left of the two-pound box I mentioned last week. (See conflict of interest disclaimer.)


2. Have a good laugh. Read Patrick Byrne's latest lie. (Here's a response from a soon-to-be-former member of the Investor Village stock-pump website.)

Or read Overstock.com resident stalker Judd Bagley's paranoid ravings on Wikipedia yesterday afternoon, before getting himself kicked off.

3. Think to yourself, "It could be worse. I could be a New Century Financial shareholder."

4. If you're a New Century Financial shareholder, think to yourself, "It could be worse. I could be a NovaStar shareholder."

5. If you're a NovaStar shareholder, try heroin.


Yet another

© 2007 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site.

Labels: , , , , ,