Monday, June 11, 2007

R.I.P., Tony Soprano


Tony Soprano, sans bodyguards, awaits his demise

To no great surprise, the world's most slipshod mob boss finally was blown to bits last night. Or at least that is my interpretation of the five seconds of black silence that ended the last scene of the last episode of The Sopranos.

What other explanation could there be? No real-life mob boss would go into a public place without bodyguards, particularly after he had just ordered the death of another mob boss. The slaying of Phil Leotardo was done right in front of his wife, which is a no-no. I think his head being crushed wouldn't have gone over well either.

Also I couldn't quite buy the fed feeding sensitive information to Tony for no particular reason.

Etc. etc. I guess that's why they call it "fiction."

© 2007 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site, gary-weiss.com.

Labels: